Yields 6 – 10 Portions
- 3-5 lbs. Pork Butt/Shoulder (makes 6-10 portions)
- 1 bag Luau (Taro} Leaves
- Som’ Good Alaea Salt “Regular” Seasoning
- 12″x 10″ Aluminum Foil (To Wrap Lau Lau)
- Cut pork into 3” chunky pieces, with a sharp pointed fork or knife, poke slits top and bottom of the pork to ensure seasoning while cooking.
- Season with Alaea Salt“Regular” on the top and bottom of the pork over the holes.
- Use 2-3 taro leaves per serving, place pork in center and wrap leaves into a ball.
- Place wrapped Lau Lau in center of aluminum foil and wrap to make a sealed pouch.
- Using 6 qt. or 8 qt. Instant Pot, place the trivet on the bottom of the pot, add 2 cups of water and place foil wrapped Lau Lau with pouch openings facing up
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure cook for 75 minutes then 15 minutes Natural
- Pressure Release then Quick Release Pressure.
Remove Lau Lau and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. When refrigerating Lau Lau, store in upright position so the juices inside don’t leak out. During reheating either steam with the aluminum pouch or microwave without the foil and pour the juices on the Lau Lau. Note: Bottom of Lau Lau aluminum foil pouch should not be punctured. This ensures good steaming and retaining all the flavors and juices.